Passing away

My best friend's dad passed away last week. His dad was 73. It came as a shock to me when I opened up Facebook this morning to see his dad's face as the first thing on my feed this morning. So I read his obituary. It stated his occupation and his schooling, then his involvement at his church, and then his love for his family. He died of heart failure.

It made me think of my dad who just turned 69 last week. How much more time will my parents be here? I have grandparents that are still living in their 90s, but you never know how long you will live. We won't live forever. I need to reach out to my dad more often. I don't think I would ever regret initiating something with him. But I think if I never do I will regret that.

I was with my parents and one of my sisters last night and I'm always struck by how much my dad reads. He seems to be an avid reader and smart. He's been studying some books on Revelations lately and is beginning to understand there are some pretty different views on that scripture pertaining to the meanings of those passages. It was good to just sit and listen to his excitement for scripture and learning. 

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure