The start

Enjoying a warm cup of coffee. I don't want to set it down to type. I think about my weekend this morning and know there is a lot going on. It doesn't seem like it will be restful, yet today is the day that God incarnate rested in a tomb before he was raised to life on Sunday.

God this morning as I think about a day filled with visiting friends, visiting family, and desiring to do a few projects at our home, help me. Help me to love my wife and kids. Help me not to put myself above them. Help me to serve others. Help me to be engaged in others' lives. I can not do this on my own. I need your Spirit's help. Fill me with these desires and rid me of selfish ones. Rid me of perfectionism that stems from pride. Keep me from wasting my day on things that don't matter. 

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure