Having others over

We just had my grandparents and parents over for dinner last night. I'm thankful for my wife who is such a good host. From thinking about others to invite them over to not making a huge deal about how picked up the house needs to be in order to have others visit. She makes it easy to have others over. I want this to be something that is always part of what our family does. Whether it's planned ahead or it's last minute. 

I know my grandma especially loves the opportunity to get together with us for a meal. I believe she's 91 and I think some days are a real struggle for her as she becomes more and more dependent on others. My grandpa has dementia and I know that's tough for my grandma as he says a lot of the same things over and over again and he can't remember anything that happened recently at all.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure