Helper or a selfer

Do you get to be a helper? Do you want to be a helper? When someone asks you for help are you annoyed because you have more important things to do or are you happy to help? Do you tend to wish people were smarter and could just figure it out?

This is the time of year when we have our big marketing summer program and typically there are frustrated calls from dealers around using our system for one reason or another. Things like not being able to find their logo or not knowing how to upload a customer list or just not knowing how to get into our system. And I believe it's gotten less, but it's always an opportunity to help them. I can wish that it wasn't the case and I do, but I have to remember it's my time to interact with our dealers and make sure they have a good experience or the best I can provide them.

Same with my kids. When they say anything around needing help am I annoyed or do serve gladly? Many times I just want to fix the problem quickly and sometimes I say you can do that yourself. It may be true. But where's my heart in it? Am I wanting to serve them or do I just want the asking to stop?

Be a helper. Not a selfer.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure