Subjective

What do you do when you're challenged and the challenge is truly subjective? I'm in the creative field and I feel like anything on the art side is a little bit that way. I know there are parts of it that are proven. Some ways of laying out a design are just better, more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. More professional looking. But, there are other parts that are truly subjective and that's where I struggle. How hard do you fight for design choices and why choose to engage in defending the work? I guess it is even really being challenged or defending or is it more just getting the work to a better place?

I've been working solo for quite a while as a designer that it's been tough as my team has grown to now have others that have opinions pushing me in my work. I know the works ends up better in the end, but it also feels like I'm getting ganged up on, and then the work is less my own and more collaborative, but I guess why is that bad too? Why does it have to just be "my" work is another good question for me? I work on a team.

So today I'm challenging myself to be part of the team. To work together. To be thankful for the opinions of others. They want the work to be better as well. They want the work to reflect the brand.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure