Being part of something more than me

There's something about being the one that accomplished something that is rewarding. Winning an individual sport. Coming up with a big idea that generated income. Creating something on your own.

But, there's something even bigger about being part of a team that accomplishes something great. Being part of a family that does something together. Being part of an organization, church, group that works together and accomplishes something that no one individual could have done on their own.

I tend to like to be the lone ranger. To think that I can do some really good work, come up with really good ideas on my own, but as I look back on a lot of my best work there were a lot of people that made it my best work and those people weren't all me.

I'm thankful for the others that I have gotten to work with and get to work with today. People, I can ask questions. Those that challenge me. Those that bring new ideas. Those that push me.

I want to keep learning. I want to do this, for my work, for the church, and for my family.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure