We are so fragile

My cousin, Casey, is a couple years younger than me. He pastors a church in Wisconsin. He's married with four kids. And he has had a spinal leak that has caused him a lot of pain and dizziness. I'm not even going to do his condition justice in my post today, because I don't really know all of the details.

Basically, he can only be upright for an hour or two max and then he has to lay back down again because he gets dizzy, headaches, throbbing, and sensitivity to light and sound. It has really limited what he is able to do. Yet at the same time, he has trouble sleeping as well, waking up about every hour. He is at Mayo clinic this week and next as they try to understand better how to help him.

They don't know for sure how this began a few years back but believe there was a tear that somehow happened that began leaking spinal fluid that has caused these symptoms.

It makes me think of how fragile we really are. I like to think I am invincible, but yet I don't know what all goes on inside my body. How there are certain fluids in my body that can't go to other areas of my body or I'll experience pain like my cousin is. And also it makes me wonder why does God allow for some to experience pain like this and others do not? I know God is sovereign, but sometimes I wonder for what purpose is the physical sufferings that people go through?

I believe it is for His ultimate glory. These things teach us of our frailty and our dependence on Him each day.

Praying for you today Casey. That God would give you strength today to persevere. To love your family in ways that they will understand you love them. Praying that you would continue to believe God is good even when your circumstances are hard and don't seem good. Praying that the doctors would be able to better understand the root causes of your symptoms and would be able to come up with a solution. Praying for your church.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure