Grandma do you not have any clothes on?

I was on the phone yesterday with my mom and I had her on speaker phone. All of a sudden my son asks my mom, "Grandma do you not have any clothes on?"

My son is so used to seeing his grandparents on FaceTime or seeing a video on a phone that he couldn't figure out why else he wouldn't be seeing his Grandma. Hearing a two-year-old say something like that is hilarious.

But, it got me thinking more as well about why he said that. I believe it speaks to something that God puts in us as well that helps us understand what sin is, even though we need the law to help us know what's right and wrong. There's something in us that somehow knows the way God designed for things to be. My son knew that if his Grandma didn't have any clothes on he shouldn't see her and believe me I never had that conversation about my mom with him! He didn't see his Grandma, only heard her voice, so he thought well this fits that scenario. Maybe I'm reading too far into this now, but I believe there's something here that points to knowledge that God puts within us of what is sinful.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure