I spent most of the day in the bathroom

No, I wasn't sick yesterday. But I did spend most of my day in our two main floor bathrooms. I painted the walls. And even though there's not a lot of wall in a bathroom it just takes time to get everything taped off, all the stuff on the walls removed, and get things ready to paint. I think the worst part is trying to go around the toilet, so this time I took the tank of the toilet off and it made it a lot easier to paint behind there.

I would say yesterday was tough... Not because I spent the day in the bathroom, but I took a Thursday off to work on our house instead of a Monday or a Friday and I really had a hard time pulling myself away from work stuff. There are always many things going on at work and I like to think I stay on top of things pretty well, but yesterday I just couldn't stop thinking about work stuff. I made a few calls still on my day off and responded to a couple emails. I know I didn't have to do these things and I probably shouldn't have because it didn't give me any more peace of mind for the day. And so my attitude throughout the day was pretty crappy even though I got some things at home accomplished. I was short with my kids and my wife. I know I wasn't fun to be around.

I need God's help each day because when I try to just pull through myself I have days like yesterday. One of my biggest prayers every morning is, "God help me. I need your help."

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure