Preparing for the B-word

Well, I went to the eye doctor yesterday and mentioned that at night when I'm looking at my phone and I still have my glasses on or contacts in I can't read well close up. But, when I take my glasses off I can read better.

She said that once you turn 40 your eyes have a harder time focusing up close. Your muscles actually are becoming weaker in your eyes and it takes more effort to focus up close that it does to focus further away. So, she said I'm going to in the next 5 to 10 years have to start looking into the B-word. Bifocals. I turned 40 this year, so I guess I'm right on schedule.

I just noticed this a couple months ago as I was reading my phone at night with my contacts in. So it looks like one thing that 40s are going to deliver is "cheaters" or bifocals or something else to help compensate for my eyes getting weaker.

I never thought I hear about the B-word at my eye doctor visit today.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure