Emails and Texts

Well, this has been on my mind for the last day or so because I screwed up again via a text. I've done the same thing via email before as well.

"Correcting" someone or giving my opinion brashly via one of these mediums while others are also included on the thread and knowing they were. Right after I sent the text I realized... "Ewe, that's not going to sit well." It was my opinion, we hadn't discussed it and I'm going to need to ask for forgiveness. Top that all off with it was work-related and it's the weekend. Not a good combo.

My takeaway from these types of scenarios is to just keep communication open with people. And think about how I would want to be responded to in the situation. Think about my emotions as I'm typing... if they're rising up... it might be a bad thing to be texting or emailing anyway. Make a phone call instead. Don't hide behind words that are typed.

I care about those I work with and I believe we all want the best outcome. My goal is not to create enemies.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure