"I've got a lot to be thankful for"

We took my grandparents out for dinner last night to Culver's. Actually, they paid for our meal, but we drove them (since they don't have a car anymore).

My grandpa, Al, doesn't remember a lot anymore. I was asking him how they ended up living in Morton, IL since both he and my grandma were from Cissna Park, IL. He couldn't remember. He then went on to talk about he just can't believe his kids took away their car so they can't drive anywhere anymore. But, he then went on to say, "I've got a lot to be thankful for though." Saying at least he and my grandma have lots of families that live really close that they can rely on if they need anything.

It is somewhat unique. They have 4 of their kids that basically live in the same town, plus 9 of their 15 grandkids live close by in Morton or a surrounding town.

Well, we had a great time with them at Culver's last night and I'm reminded every time we go visit them, that it's always worth it. I enjoy it a lot, and I know they enjoy having someone stop by or getting out around town.

I hope that when I'm 90 and if I can't remember much anymore I can still say, "I've to a lot to be thankful for."

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure