A video a day

There's one thing that's changed this year for sure.

You know when you incorporate a new thing in your life and you're not sure how it's going to go? Are you going to stick with it? What all will it impact?

Well, my wife and I both started using the 1 Second Everyday app at the beginning of the year to compile, 1 second of every day of this year. And the result of using this app has been that we take way more videos of our life on our phones than we used to... in a good way. We're not constantly whipping out our phones to record. But, when those little moments happen and we have a phone on us we're getting a few seconds.

I think I used to think getting those videos needs to kind of be planned or that certain things aren't worth getting my phone out for. But looking back on the year so far I'm thankful for the idea behind the app of just capturing little moments. A lot of it is of our kids, sometimes super happy, sometimes sad. Sometimes it's been things going on at work or special trips.

In the end, there's a goal with the app. We'll have a year's worth of moments in a couple minutes. But even more than that goal I'm finding that it's been great to have recorded more moments throughout the year than I would have otherwise.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure