What do the musicians do?

I really enjoy music. I haven't been to many concerts in years with having little kids, but it's something I really enjoyed doing in my 20s and 30s.

But lately, I've been thinking about all of the music artists. They make the majority of their money off of concerts I believe. Definitely not from being on streaming services. And right now there's no way to have a concert with COVID-19 going on. I'm sure it's tough.

I also believe the whole landscape of concerts may change in the future some with the lasting impacts of this virus. Maybe it won't, but I can't imagine we're going to have people flocking to huge concerts any time soon.

What I am encouraged to see though is the generosity of some artists on social media as they are just playing music from their kitchens and living rooms regularly. Especially during this time. I think of artists like Andrew Peterson who's been reading his books and is playing music tonight. Sara Groves who did a concert from her living room. Drew and Ellie Holcomb who are doing songs together from their kitchen. Thank you for what you're doing and please keep doing it! I'm sure it's tough right now, but I appreciate the music you make.

Keep making it even if we can't get together to enjoy it in person!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure