Does it have value?

Sometimes there are things that seem to have little or no value because they don't work anymore for you. Does that mean that they have no value? Sometimes. Other times it just means that you have to find the right buyer and sometimes you have to be patient.

Enter VarageSale and my lawnmower that stopped working this summer. It was a great used mower that I got from someone who had fixed it up. It was a TORO self-propelled mower, but it stopped working and I'm not that mechanical so I didn't know how to fix it. I also knew if I got it fixed it would probably cost me about $80 at least to get it working again. So I put it on VarageSale and asked $25 for a nonworking mower. Did I sell it? You bet. I didn't end up getting $25 for it... I only got $15, but I was able to get something for it. 7 years ago I bought it for $50. I did put some money into it with oil changes and upkeep, but I was happy to find a buyer versus throwing it away. The guy who bought it had the same one and said he'd try and get it running and if he couldn't he'd use it for parts.

So, do you have things that don't seem to have much value anymore? Maybe you should throw them out, but maybe you should try selling them. If you find the right buyer it does have some value.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure