Meeting about meetings

Yes, today I'm having a meeting this afternoon about meetings. It's one that sounds like a meeting you might not be very excited about going to. Like it could be a waste of time. But, I'd argue that a meeting like this might be the type of meeting many teams ought to have.

My boss and I were talking about the topic a couple weeks ago and I encouraged him to discuss it as a team. The goal would be to decide to have meetings on two days and two days only every week. The rest of the week would be blocked off so you could get focused work done without being interrupted by meetings. So, for example, we may say that we are going to have our meetings on Monday and Tuesday every week and then the rest of the week would be blocked off so no more meetings could be scheduled for the rest of the week. If someone wanted to have a meeting with you or someone from your team they would set it up for a Monday or Tuesday.

I'm excited about the idea and look forward to the thought of making this a reality.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure