Letting go

I sanded a desk with my wife and our two oldest kids yesterday to get it ready to paint. It's been a project Brittany has been wanting to do for a while. Once we got it all sanded I took the kids for the rest of the day and let my wife (she wanted to) paint the desk. I can be really critical of how things are done and it was good for me to step away and let her do it. I checked in a couple times and just gave some positive encouragement.

It's something I've learned through work being on a team. It's much more helpful to other people, in general, to let them do a project versus micromanage it. I could have grabbed the brush and said do it this way or I could have said I don't know about how that's looking, but instead I chose to let her do it and encourage her. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but it's looking good and I believe she's going do an awesome job refinishing our desk.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure