New

Why is it that we can so easily be discontent? Especially in a place in the world where we have so much? Why is it hard to be thankful? These are good questions for me to ask myself.

I think a lot of it stems from us being made for something greater than even the things that are good that we have. We are constantly on a search for something that will fill us. Many in the United States are hungry, not necessarily in a physical sense, but hungry in a seeking sense. I think they believe things should be different than what they are, but they don't really know what that looks like. They think they know. That thinking might be different government policies, more or less government involvement, different leaders, more or fewer taxes, more justice, less discrimination, less racism,... the list goes on and on. I have my own opinions on some of these matters, but I believe more than anything else we need a savior. We all have a sin problem. We have pride. We think we know best. We think we have it all figured out. And the fact is we don't. We need someone much bigger. That doesn't mean we can't use our brains... that we can't think, but it does mean we're dependent.

We need Jesus. We sin. We all are not perfect. We think bad thoughts. We do bad things. We need someone who can wipe it all away. Someone who can change us on the inside, rewire everything about us, and make us new. Someone who can help us to be content. Who can help us realize that this world isn't our home, but while we're here we need to share the good news with others. 

I'm thankful to know Jesus. To have been taught about Him when I was little. To have heard the song "Jesus Loves Me". I know many times my life may not look like it, but that is my desire. I want my kids to know Him. Because I believe He does change everything. He changes our desires. He took me from a very selfish person to a person that does care about others. It's still a struggle for me, but I know Jesus is still working on me and making me new.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure