Time spent equals...

The more time you spend with someone or something the more you tend to enjoy that person or thing I think. Maybe not in the case of work for some, or cleaning the house, or cooking, or cleaning... maybe this doesn't necessarily play out like it sounded in my head. Maybe it depends on what it is or who it is.

I think in the case of my kids I do enjoy them the more I get to know them and spend time with them. The same with my wife or other family members. The same is true many times with things I enjoy listening to or reading. The more I get into it the more I enjoy it.

Maybe my point here is it takes time many times. Most times it's not "love at first sight"... it takes work or time to enjoy or love something or someone. You get to understand the quirks, the little things you like, the things that are hard, you think about them, and you pursue them. 

This all started with thinking about my father-in-law as he's in the hospital this morning and they're doing some testing on him. He may have had a heart attack last night. I really enjoy being around him and I've been around him a lot over the last year since they've moved to the same town we live in. He's quirky, funny, a good cook, pretty good at conversation and asking questions, seems to care about people and these things and others I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't spent time with him. So today, I'd encourage you to spend time with someone today. Don't isolate yourself, but spend time with others.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure