The whole hole update

I'm still working on fixing the wall of our basement where we're getting some water in the house. We had the local basement expert come by last night to get an idea of what else I need to do and it sounds like I've still got some work cut out for myself, but he's willing to give me advice along the way.

I was able to get ahold of the sales rep in the area so I could get some of the tar product to apply to the wall once it's cleaned. I'm meeting a driver in Normal, IL to get that. I couldn't find anyone around here who had it so I had it picked up in Belwood, IL, and a driver meeting me in Normal, IL to pick it up.

The guy we met with last night recommended digging out all of the existing pea gravel as well down to the tile and opening up the tile to check it out. He said he would recommend me remove the existing tile and put in plastic tile. He also recommended that we not have our downspout underground with a popup as it will freeze during the winter and we may get water near the house, so I'll be redirecting that. Then I've got a decent amount of cracks to fill with hydraulic cement. He pointed out even cracks around the patio that he would clean out and redo to keep from any moisture getting into them.

I'm getting there, but it's a big project. I'm also going to need to find a high-pressure washer to wash the walls down before I fill and coat them so the materials stick to them really well.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure