Good conversation with no agenda

We were made to share with others. Why is it that when we have something in common with someone else it's so easy to talk about it? We want to share our experiences and ask questions about theirs. I had this happen yesterday when a coworker approached me a few weeks back and asked if I'd be willing to get together and talk about our vacation rental property experience. So we got together and talked about all kinds of stuff related to buying a place and getting it ready to rent. We had some of the same pain points, but we also have experienced a lot of the payback that a vacation rental property can provide. It was fun.

This also gets me thinking about getting together with others for me. With me, usually, there's an agenda. It's rarely hey let's just get together and chat about life. I'd like to push myself to just have some time getting together with other guys where it's just to see how they're doing, to form relationships. To do it because I care, not because I want something or have an agenda.

This is a goal of mine this year. No strings attached, just reach out to some guys with the intention of getting to know them. I want to invest in relationships and be a good friend like my wife does. She's so good at it.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure