Platforms

Today you can basically have your own "show" that you can syndicate out to many people through the social media outlets that are out there. Between Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, and YouTube you can reach a lot of people. My familiarity with these grew a lot through my current employer as for a while I handled all of the postings that happened on these platforms. That's not the case anymore, but now I'm using them for our rental properties and I believe it makes a difference. The big key with any of them though is you have to stay active, meaning continuing to post things in order to gain traction with your audience and gain more followers.

I've chosen to mainly focus on Facebook and Instagram for our vacation rental properties, creating their own accounts on each platform and supplementing posts with my personal account and the other members of our LLCs accounts. I'd like to post more to Twitter, Linkedin, and even YouTube, but it means also staying active on those platforms, which I'm not really ready for so I'll probably just post there every so often. 

It is kind of amazing to think about though that through these channels today you can reach a lot of people fairly quickly. We reached 1890 people with our last post on our latest vacation property and gained over 200 likes, shares, or comments on that post. This was on an account that we just started about a month ago.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure